10.02.2012

Plaid Halloween wreath

My number one thought from this: I hate being in an apartment - so many things are ugly and I can't do anything about it! There are these little hooks that I had to work around, one isn't even used anymore and is just there to tick me off and the other is still used which means I come home to fliers on my door which jeopardize my bats! I got the bats idea here and the fabric wreath was spurred from here. I wanted to do some chevron, but couldn't find any chevron fabric and didn't want to wait to order it (even though it was early September when I made this so I definitely had time!). But I really fell for this plaid, and it feels less fad-ish. 


I got a wreath form from Jo-Ann's and about 1/4 yard of fabric (which was more than enough). I cut the fabric into  1 1/2 " strips and hot glued one end onto the wreath and wrapped it around at an angle. I got the whole thing covered with two strips. After I made a little bow and hot glued it on. All I had was a yellow ribbon lying around my house and decided that it looked good enough to hang it. 


And the bats I just cut out of construction paper and stuck them on with sticky tack. Some of the bats ended up looking ridiculous, but in the mass they were fine. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm inspired! I want to go home and keep decking out our apartment too. Love the fabric you chose...very versatile (season-wise.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not super great for Thanksgiving - more Halloween black and orange than fall colors, but I'm going to pretend that it carries over :). I'm a new advocate for construction paper decor for holidays (not real life #weird!) - cheap and cute

      Delete